The Agenda Dilemma

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Nothing makes me happier than a crisp, new planner.  Since high school, I loved receiving a new one every year.  I was the type of person that enjoyed decorating it, highlighting important events and saving it so I could look back at the stuff I did that past year (call me a nerd, I know).

I always had been a Lilly Pulitzer agendas fan.  While it may be the very stereotypical pick for any girl in her teens or mid twenties- I adored mine.  It was perfectly suitable for keeping tracking of my tasks and could easily fit inside my backpack or tote.

However, it wasn't until this summer that I realized that I would begin my first phase of entering the work force- trading in my backpack for a briefcase.  I quickly learned that working a 9-5 job was far from glamorous, and scheduling all my to-do's in a day would become overwhelming.

The idea of investing in a new planner then occurred to me.  By no means am I trying to wish this summer away, but the end of June is typically when most of the new agendas come out.  Maybe it means nothing to others, but to me buying one seems like baby steps towards a new adventure.  I surprisingly find a sense of comfort in choosing one  It just makes adulthood seem that much more real, but less discouraging.  Listed below are some of my favorites:


Day Designer for Blue Sky Collection
You've probably heard of The Day Designer- a luxury daily planner that maps out your schedule to live a "well designed life."  I had always been skeptical about The Day Designer.  The layout and price did not meet my criteria and I shied away because of this.  Fortunately, I was swayed otherwise when Target released a cheaper version of the brand featuring daily and weekly pages.  Being able to see my week at a glance is why the weekly layout is my favorite and I am thrilled that Day Designer and Blue Sky have teamed up to create these affordable planners.  With the price being $10, this one is definitely a contender.

MADEtoPlan
I love Etsy and stumbled upon this very unique agenda.  Unlike others, this agenda can be customized to however you want- from the color, name and layout!  The layout is what drew me to the planner in the first place.  Their layout options include weekly, weekly with notes, hourly and morning to evening.  The red polka dot cover caught my eye, but they have a huge selection of other prints.      The MADEtoPlan is (literally) made just for you!  We all run on different schedules and do not all share the same approaches to completing tasks- and luckily this agenda gets it.

Rifle Paper Co.
I want everything from this company- but especially their planners!  My favorite one has the cutest desktop design on the front and the spiral is protected by a hardcover case.  The layout is neat and clean with plenty of room to write down anything you want.  It's a decent size so that you can take it anywhere you go!

Kate Spade
These agendas are second behind the Lilly Pulitzer agendas as far as popularity.  I like that Kate Spade's agendas are always kept professional and minimalist.  While the price may be at the top of my budget, Kate Spade is known for quality and that's exactly what you get when you pay for one.  

Ban.do
Talk about a FUN planner!  Ban.do is a company that offers bright, colorful products that unleash your inner kid.  They have a huge selection of planners, varying in so many sizes and fun patterns.  The blue is my favorite and I love that each page is large with zero lines in the weekly calendar spaces.  Thereby, you the have the freedom to write wherever and however.  Also a silly, fun design is featured at the beginning of each month to help get you excited for what's to come!

Lilly Pulitzer
Instead of parting from my Lilly I'm considering to upgrade to the jumbo size to have more room to write and jot down notes.  They're so cheerful and fun- who knows I may just pick myself up another one.  And sometimes, you don't know a good thing till it's gone, right?


Which agenda is your favorite?

x.
C

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe