Star-Bangled Weekend Must Haves

Monday, June 27, 2016

Can you believe it's one week till the Fourth of July?  This also means that it's about the half way point of summer.  My family never typically have elaborate plans for this patriotic day, but it's still something I always end up looking forward to.

{via}

Our holiday normally includes a barbecue with shish kabobs paired with a colorful pasta salad and other tasty sides.  In comparison to others, we always celebrated the Fourth of July as a small, intimate gathering.  Once in a blue moon we would get together with friends and family, but we see it as our opportunity to enjoy each other's company and have time for just us.  I've grown to prefer our non tradition approach to the Fourth of July- because even though it's different, it makes it that more special.

Another reason I can't help but love about this holiday is the color scheme.  There is nothing else like red, white and blue.  It is such a classic combination and the epitome summer.  With this year's holiday being on a Monday, I collected a few items that I think would make a great addition to a Fourth of July weekend.

An extra essential that I did not list above is what we all know Fourth of July for, and that's the fireworks!  When I was younger, I was terrified of fireworks.  If we ever drove to watch them, I would be taking cover in our car under a blanket, keeping my eyes shut and tightly covering my ears.

Since then, I have fortunately overcome my fear and currently seeking for an awesome place for a fireworks show.  I researched a lot of different options, and while I may I will most likely end up somewhere a short drive from where I live, there's one particular place I was most interested in.  It's the Cliff Drive, west of Edgewater Park.  If you don't already know where this spot is, it's located between the Memorial Shoreway and Lake Erie where it faces the Cleveland skyline.  Cleveland Scene rated it as one the best places to watch fireworks.  Cliff Drive is roughly a block long, so you have a decent size space where you can pick a seat to watch.  Having such a large view, you can see from afar all the bright colors shooting into the air without being super up close.  But wherever I do end up going, I'm looking forward to what memories and traditions will be in store for this year's holiday.

x.
C

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe