June Favorites

Friday, June 24, 2016

It's almost July!  I cannot believe how quickly this summer is going.  While summer means no classes, my schedule has been nothing but busy.  It's harder to keep energized when it seems like you can't catch a break.  Between balancing a full time job to having a social life, so far this preview for the "real" adult world is a bit daunting to me.

But there are a few things that help keep me in tact and making these past weeks less awful.  On other blogs I follow, a lot of authors always feature certain products or items they love and I thought I'd give it shot!
Tote // Keurig Cup // Book // Flats (Similar) // Greek Yogurt Bars // 

GH Bass & Co. Tote
I am a "mom" bag user.  I love having the ability to throw all sorts of stuff into my purse, even if none of it stays organized.  As a high school graduation gift, my parents gave me a Madewell Transport Tote which I consistently used.  But when I started my new job this summer, I decided to switch to a bag that had a sleeker, more professional design.  While shopping at the Aurora Farms Premium Outlets, I was immediately drawn to the this tote.  Black is such a versatile color and the cutouts make it an awesome seasonal accessory.  It is very similar the Sole Society Nordstrom one, however I like that Bass has more of a variety of styles and colors.  Mine was on sale for $25- a fraction of what my Madewell tote cost!

Nude Flats
I wear these shoes on a daily basis.  They're easy, comfortable and the stylish pointed toe adds to the overall appearance.  I'm also drawn to the ones with scallop detailing, as seen as one of my links.  I bought mine at Marshalls but similar pairs can be found at DSW or Dillard's.  You can wear them for any season and they are a great staple for your closet.

Straw Tumbler
With the humidity and hot weather, it's important to stay hydrated.  These straw tumblers from Ashley Brooke Designs are so fun and make drinking water that much better.  To spice things up, I sometimes add a lemon or strawberries to my glass which is so refreshing.

Nepal Bracelets
When I vacationed in Hilton Head, SC a few years ago with my family, we became obsessed with these!  They're designed by LILY and LAURA®, this brand that creates handcrafted glass bead roll over bracelets.  They can easily be worn with any outfit and add the perfect pop of color.  The best part about LILY and LAURA® bracelets are that their value proposition is to improving the lives of others.  From the profits they make, they pay more than fair wages to artisans in Nepal.  And in return, we've given a beautiful beaded bracelet! 

Starbucks Caramel Coffee K-Cups
My mom finally gave in and bought a Keurig for our home a month ago and as a result, we are all K-Cup addicts now.  From our variety pack of cups we had in the beginning, the Starbucks one has been my favorite ever since.  

Go Set a Watchman
In my first blog post, I mentioned on my bucket list I want to read at least 5 books this summer.  Go Set a Watchman is the first of many.  I loved Harper Lee's To Kill A Mockingbird and since it was released last year, I had been meaning to start the sequel to it.  My boyfriend also decided to join me in accomplishing my goal- hopefully he will like the rest of my picks!

Yasso Mint Chocolate Chip Frozen Greek Yogurt Bars
Looking for a healthier alternative to satisfy your sweet tooth?  These bars could be the answer.  Made with all natural ingredients, low in calories, and only 2 grams of fat, you will want to eat all of them.  They come in a number of flavors so you can pick the best one that your taste buds will like the most!  I found them available at Walmart but be sure to check your local grocery stores!

Burt's Bees Radiance Body Lotion
Highlight your summer glow with this great product!  Since high school, this Burt's Bees product has won me over.  The nourishing serum helps boost your skin's natural radiance with a complimenting shimmer.  It's sold at regular pharmacy stores and will become your summer essential.

As a final favorite, I wanted to share this advertisement Nike released after the Cavs won the NBA finals.  It's titled "Worth The Wait" (how fitting, right?)  I love the raw emotion in it, but maybe that's because I'm FROM Cleveland.
It's definitely a good year for CLE.

Do you have any monthly favorites?

x.
C

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe