Summer Bucket List: Cleveland Edition

Monday, June 20, 2016

For those who know me, they know I love making lists.  Making lists keeps me productive and motivated where I get the satisfaction of crossing off an item once I complete it.  To celebrate my first blog post and the first day of summer (wow, that was fast!) I crafted my own list of things I want to do before the leaves start changing again.  


{via}

My list contains a mixture of things to do- as a bucket list should have!  On my to-do list, I made it a MUST to go to flea markets as much as I can.  Flea markets on Saturday mornings are always a good time and my favorite so far has been The Cleveland Flea.  I went with my boyfriend to their first one of the season in May and ever since I've been smitten.  We discovered so many cool new and vintage finds as well as amazing food trucks in our day's worth of wandering the flea's massive parking lot.  It was also very family friendly which was an added bonus.  The Cleveland Flea is located in the Asia Town neighborhood so trekking downtown was a bit of an adventure.  However, it was definitely worth it and I recommend that you go if you haven't yet.  

Another item on my list was to watch a sunset, a perfect activity for the cool summer evenings.  My boyfriend told me how Cuyahoga Valley National Park has the perfect place for this.  He typically runs the trails there but before he mentioned it to me, I had never heard of CVNP.  But to my surprise, CVNP is definitely a hidden gem.  If you love outdoors, this will become your favorite hiking spot.  I had always been accustom to the Cleveland Metroparks- but they are nothing compared to this place.  CVNP is ranked as the #11 most visited national park in the country and who wouldn't blame them?  From Brandywine Falls to Ritchie Ledges, there's so much to do here in this little slice of paradise. 

Being posted in Cleveland (hence the blog title), a few activities are obviously limited to only those living in 216 area code; however, while my list may not be prioritized the same as yours, I encourage you create your own summer to-do list!  It's easy and can help you keep active for these next couple of months.  I recommend keeping it somewhere accessible like putting it on a bulletin board or even typing it up on your phone.  That way, if you're running out of ideas of what to do your list will come in handy! 


What's on your bucket list?

x.
C

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe