Keep It Simple: My Daily Makeup Routine

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Makeup is a topic I am not very knowledgeable about.  Ever since I was younger makeup had always seemed foreign to me.  I do not know how to properly apply eyeshadow or mascara, and honestly I am perfectly fine with that.  Makeup should accentuate the features you have, not hide them.  In opinion, the more the makeup the less I feel like myself.  Which gave me an idea for a post for those who also not makeup savvy like myself!  I recently took a week long trip where I had to limit myself on what essentials items I needed to bring, as shown below.

For my beauty routine, I like to have a fresh, natural face.  My main purpose is to cover any redness or blemishes since my skin can be acne prone.  Below are some basic products I use almost everyday, depending on the occasion.


The beauty stores can tend to overwhelm me, like Sephora, so I typically shop at Ulta or Target for my makeup.  You will notice above that most of my products are drugstore brand.  Since makeup is a huge priority of mine, I like to save as much money as I can when it comes to purchasing these items.  Luckily, I found some great products that are a fraction of the cost of others.  More expensive products are mainly Bare Minerals.  While I am not a fan or splurging, I believe the quality of their products are worth the price and highly recommend browsing their store if you're looking for a certain product.

Especially with the sweltering hot temps during the summer, I don't like to cake too much makeup on my face.  Here's a step by step guide on how I apply my makeup in less than 10 minutes (yes, it's that quick!)

Makeup Routine (10 minutes or less)

Step 1 |  Before I apply anything, I use Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid as a base.  This moisturizer is a good alternative for a primer.  It goes on smoothly where I apply to my chin, cheeks and forehead and keeps everything in place.

Step 2 |  Next I squeeze a tiny dot of Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation onto my palm and apply it where necessary.  Sometimes I apply it all over and other times I apply it to specific areas.  I mentioned this product before on the blog, but it's an excellent product.  It gives you enough coverage without feeling too heavy.

Step 3 |  Next I use Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Loose Powder all over my face.  It blends very well and lasts long all day.  My face can tend to become oily throughout the day so it controls shine and gives a matifying look.  I use the Bare Minerals Precision Face Brush for full coverage and Bare Minerals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush for touch ups.

Step 4 |  This next step depends on the occasion, but most days whether it be work or going out to dinner I wear bronzer.  I use the Bare Minerals Warmth All-Over Face Bronzer and brush it over from the beginning of my ears across my cheekbones.  This adds a natural glow to my face.  I use the Bare Minerals Flawless Application Brush to do so.

Step 5 |  I then move on to my eyes, while it is not shown my favorite mascara is L'Oreal Million Lashes Mascara.  Since middle school, it's been my favorite.  It can be applied without clumping and only one layer of mascara is needed.  I also make sure to use an eyelash curler before I use mascara to make my lashes stand out more.  

Step 6 |  Finishing up, I use my Avon Perfect Brow Gel over my eyebrows to fill them in.  The reviews this gel receives are very mixed however, I love this item.  The color matches well with my dark hair and it give my brows an effect without looking fake.

Step 7 |  And with a few seconds to spare, I sometimes add Lancome Le Crayon Kohl (given to me by my mom!) on the bottom waterline of my eye and dab some Burts Bees Lip Crayon on my lips to give some color.

All done!

What are your essential daily makeup products?

x.
C

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe