Chow Down At Choolaah Indian BBQ

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

I am still shocked by the number of restaurants in CLE.  As a young professional, convenience is everything.  While I do enjoy cooking and discovering new recipes, I don't mind dining out every once in a while.  And living in Cleveland, the options here are plentiful.  In fact, last year Cleveland was ranked 7th in the nation on Time.com's "Best Foodie Cities" list.

As my love continues to grow for this city, so does my appetite and I'm excited to start sharing with you all my favorite restaurants, exclusively found in Cleveland!  To begin this new tasty chapter in my life, I thought I'd begin with a place that caught me very off guard.  Looking back, I cannot believe how much I LOVED it there.

Welcome to Choolah Indian BBQ.  Located off of I-270 on Chagrin Boulevard across for PF Chang's, it is a hidden foodie gem.  This spicy Indian grill is one of kind from its unique dishes to low prices.  If ethnic food isn't always your forte, think again.  Choolah sticks to the traditional, ancient clay cooking methods but is committed to good health and keeping the integrity of Indian cuisine.

So, exactly what is Choolah?  According to their website, in ancient northern Indian, gathering around a community oven called "sanja chulha" to reconnect with family and friends is an essential part of life.  With this belief, Choolah took their fresh take on the experience and created their own hub for this,

Their menu offers an array of items from sandwiches, salads, rice bowls (with your choice of protein) and more!  For my first visit, I got a traditional meal, known as their BBQ meal.  I picked chicken as my meat with Naan bread and Tikka Masala sauce.  The entire plate cost under $10 and was perfectly portioned so I was not too full.

Here are some snapshots of their restaurant from inside, how fun does this look?  I love the modern layout and the colors they use makes the space feel warm and spacious.  Did I also mention they have their own automatic hand washing stations?


{images via}

For their full menu, click here and those who are craving Choolaah that are NOT in the Cleveland area- do not worry.  They are planning to take their delicious cuisine worldwide soon!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe