What's In My Pool/Beach Bag

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Happy Hump Day! 

Hope you all are enjoying what's left of this summer because I definitely I am.  A month from today I will yet again be packing my bags (however, to be fair some of my bags have yet to be unpacked) and going back to school.  Another tidbit is that a exactly month ago, I wrote my first blog post.  Crazy to think, isn't it?  Summer is certainly moving too fast.  I am planning on creating a few posts featuring college tips in the next few weeks to get you all pumped for the new academic year!


Speaking of packing bags... I thought I'd share with you on what to pack in the perfect pool or beach bag!  But before we dive into my bag essentials, let's begin with a recap of my weekend.  This past Sunday, my boyfriend and I made the 2 hour trip to Erie, PA to spend a day at Waldameer's Amusement Park and Water World!  We randomly came across this place while watching a television advertisement and made the decision to go a few days later.

It was an eventful trip.  We left around 8 that morning and arrived an hour and a half later.  With the park not opening till 11, we had plenty of time to spare.  

Growing up, I had never been a huge fan of rides.  It was not until first grade that I overcame my fear and began loving the thrill of it all.  Every Memorial Day weekend, the fair would come to my hometown.  People called it the "best time of the year," which as a first grader I did not understand until I experienced and rode all the attractions.  While I can be cautious in most situations, being at an amusement or water park does not hold me back.  The adrenaline rush that kicks in when you're at the ride's highest peak is exhilarating.  It definitely pushes me outside my comfort zone, which is something I think we all deserve once in a while. 

Unfortunately, our day did not go exactly planned.  Initially, I knew of my boyfriend's fear of heights (which may have been our first mistake) but Waldameer seemed like such a fun, summer opportunity we could not pass it up.  Despite his fear, we paid for combo admission passes to enter the amusement and water park.  As it turns out, we ended up staying near the wave pool and skipping out on all of Waldameer's rides and water slides.

To be blunt, I was not happy.  The trip was not worth the wait, drive, cost or frankly time.  I realize that the main point of our trip was to enjoy each other's company but it was a let down.  Perhaps I had built the whole experience up in my head, but I was far from pleased by the time we left.

Don't get me wrong, there were plenty of moments where we had fun.  The car ride was a blast where we laughed at goofy billboards, discussed our futures, upcoming school years and families.  People watching was another perk of the trip, a classic pastime that is very underrated.  Even laying out in the sun was amazing.  It shocks me sometimes how much vitamin D can impact my overall mood.

Sometimes you can't always get what you want.  Plans change, things change but making the best out of your situation is how you'll win at the end of the day.  A day at the pool is an activity none of us necessarily think about.  Though sitting in the sweltering heat is the last thing we would want to do, sometimes we need to get outside and take some time for ourselves.  


Water Bottle // Book // Towel // Earphones // Hairbands // Baseball Cap // Sunglasses
Sunscreen Lip Balm // Sunscreen // Emergency Kit // Foundation // Flip Flops // Romper

I have been eyeing this adorable straw tote on Nordstrom's website and it seemed like the perfect accessory to feature on the blog post.  Tassels are a huge summer trend and can definitely brighten up any outfit.  The items sprawled out above are standard for the most part, but there are a few I wanted to point out.

S'well Water Bottle
My S'well water bottle is must have for going to the pool, especially for an extensive period.  It keeps beverages cold for up to 10 hours and help conserve waste in comparison to a plastic water bottle.  S'well recently released a Target line of water bottles called Sip by S'well.  They come in a variety of fun colors and available at a more affordable price.

Emergency Kit
I also recommend bringing an emergency kit to the pool.  Maybe it's because I am planner, but carrying band aids, feminine care products, stain remover, aspirin... you name it- bring it!  You can never be too over prepared for anything.  Buying one of these Minimergency kits is very practical (sold in most J. Crew stores) or even creating your own kit, like me, is another great option too.

Covergirl Foundation
Bringing makeup to a pool?  Sounds strange, but you never know where you may be headed after.  If you're ever in need of a good touch up, I live for this product  The Covergirl Ready, Set, Gorgeous foundation moisturizes your skin and can be easily applied.  I recommend buying a shade that's slightly darker than your normal complexion as you begin to darken more from being in the sun.  I do not consider myself a makeup expert, but this foundation can definitely be compared to the name brands.

Summer isn't over quite yet, get outside, enjoy the sun and spend a day at the pool!

x. 
C

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe