My Top 10 From Heinen's

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

I cannot express (even this blog post) how much I love Heinen's!  Between Giant Eagle, Walmart, Wegmans (shoutout to Buffalo/Rochester), I will forever be a Heinen's shopper.  When I was younger, there was a store about 10 minutes from my house.  After school or during the weekends, my mom would drag me grocery shopping since then, the rest is history.


The family - owned company has total of twenty four stores; eighteen in Ohio and four in Illinois.  Now some may be thinking, what makes Heinen's better than other grocery stores?  The secret is in their food.  From produce to baked goods, they all around have the best quality products that you can't find anywhere else in the area.  Heinen's is definitely a Cleveland thing- but maybe that's also what makes it so special?

While they have a variety of everything in their store, some of my favorites are from their own brand!  Found exclusively at Heinen's, obviously not everyone can try them BUT however I highly recommend if you ever do visit Cleveland, go to their downtown location!

Last year, Heinen's opened a store in the heart of the city where the old, historic Cleveland Trust Rotunda building was.  I visited this past spring and trust me, it's even more beautiful than the pictures.  They restored the architecture to add character to their store and it's amazing.  The downtown location features a cafe, coffee espresso bar, and so much more!  While it may not be very practical to drive into the city to buy some groceries, it's definitely worth the visit if you just happen to be downtown.

Even though it was hard to choose, I came up with my 10 purchase worthy Heinen's products.  If you are ever there the next time, I dare you to treat yourself to these!

Broccoli Delight Salad
Don't want to sacrifice taste for healthiness?  With this side dish, you win both.  Let me explain, I absolutely hate broccoli.  You will rarely never find me eating this by choice.  If it came with a meal I ordered from a restaurant, I may try a piece but other than that I would ask if anyone else wanted it.  Listed under their "Salads We Love" category, Heinen's has outdone themselves.  This broccoli salad contains cranberries, crumbled bacon, red onion, and roasted walnuts tossed in mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar.  It's such an unexpected combination, but worth every bite.

Sushi
As mentioned, Heinen's is all about quality and their sushi is always fresh and ready every day.  An easy, quick bite to eat if you're in a hurry!

Jarlsberg Cheese Spread
If you want an o'er d'oeuvre for a party or easy snack, this spread is amazing.  This dip seriously addictive- once you have one taste, you will want to eat the entire cup of this.  It's rich, tasty and perfect to pair with crackers.  Made with red onion, mayonnaise, and garlic powder I dare you to try to NOT eat this is one sitting.

Chicken Romano
This my absolute favorite prepared meal from Heinen's.  It's one of their best selling items- and for good reason!  The chicken's breading is crisp, delicious and can easily be cooked in a skillet or the oven.  For even the pickiest eaters, they won't be able to deny this zesty dish!

Herb & Garlic Water Crackers
Speaking of crackers, these would be excellent with the Jarlsberg cheese spread!  These crackers are a good snack to solve your cravings.  They're light, crisp and healthy enough if you stick to their serving size.

Salmon Burgers
Have you ever heard of salmon burgers?  It wasn't until this summer that I didn't.  I was shopping with my mom at Heinen's when we trying to decide on a meal one evening.  In their seafood section, we came across these and I have been in love since.  They come in several versions; for example some burgers have chunks of shrimp or basil and tomato.  Put a twist on an American classic and have a barbecue with these!

Sesame Sugar Snap Peas
I am also not normally taken by snap peas, but their bitter taste is balanced with the sweet sesame seeds and oil.  They can be served cold or hot for either lunch or dinner.

Pillow Cookies
I bought these cookies on a whim and they are out of this world.  They are brownie filled cookies that are so soft with a caramel outside, it's hard to just eat only one of these.

Efferve Sparkling Lemonade
Those who know me are aware that I love drinking lemonade!  This lemonade can certainly quench your thirst and comes in a variety of flavors such as raspberry, mango, lime and many more.  If you want to spice up a party- this is a special treat!

Flowers
If you know me, I love plants; flowers to succulents I do not discriminate and Heinen's definitely has the brightest, most colorful ones I can find in the area!

Are you a Heinen's junkie like me?

x.
C

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe