Easy, Breezy Summer Pairings

Friday, July 08, 2016

TGIF!  Can we please ask ourselves again how is it already July?

I have to pinch myself sometimes- the idea of returning to college in the fall is bittersweet.  While staying at home is relaxing, I miss being on a schedule.  There are moments this summer where I often do not know what to do with myself.  Being productive and keeping busy is what I thrive off of, and I cannot wait to embrace the campus culture once again.

As I had mentioned before, this summer I have a full time summer internship; that means, Monday thru Friday I am dressed in business casual wear.  From blazers, slacks to heels you name it, most likely I've worn it.  It's always such a relief when I can come home after a long day and finally change.

So far, I've been surviving the summer heat like everyone else.  Since I was kid, summers in Ohio could be described in three words:  muggy, sunny and hot.  This year, it had been predicted that the temperatures would be above average than normal, making it even hotter and stickier.  Ever find yourself wearing the same uniform everyday?  I do.  I have discovered that this is my typical everyday (after hours) wear.



Racerback Tank // Striped Shorts (similar) // Necklace // Tote // Sandals

These soft shorts are my favorite summer staple right now; I found them last year and ever since I have been a fan.  The loose fit makes it easy to breathe- perfect for when the humidity is usually at its highest.  They are also a cute alternative to Nike running shorts- an item I used to always resort to in the past!

Following the comfort trend, I have been gravitating towards these tanks from Free People.  The flowy silhouette is flattering on any body shape, but especially helps when it's a scorcher outside due to the relaxed cut.  They come in variety of versatile and fun colors as well, which I recommend you stock up on.

During the weekends, I live for simple pieces.  This pairing has quickly become my summer uniform, where I don't have to sacrifice style for comfort.  Whether it's going to the pool or shopping at the grocery store, this outfit combo has worked for my lifestyle.  And speaking of school- this is a great ensemble to throw on when classes begin again too!

Are you surviving the summer heat?

x.
C

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe